(Dubai, UAE – April 17, 2014) – Terraseis, a seismic acquisition contractor focused on operating in challenging environments, is deploying a Three-Component seismic recording system in the Kurdish Region of Iraq to carry out a seismic 3D survey that shall include 3-C data acquisition. This shall be the first 3-C project in Kurdistan and follows on a string of seismic firsts achieved by Terraseis during its thirty previous projects in Kurdistan since 2005;
- First Magnetotellurics (MT) survey (2013),
- First use of wireless recording system technology (2012),
- First seismic transition zone survey (2012),
- First seismic survey using a local security contractor (2008),
- First explosive source seismic survey (2007),
- First 3D mountain acquisition project (2007),
- First seismic acquisition project in KRI (2005)
John Bryant, Vice President of Business Development for Terraseis, stated “Terraseis continues to focus on supporting our clients with their developing technical requirements in Kurdistan Region of Iraq and continuing to refine our ability to carryout seismic projects in challenging environments. The deployment of a 3-C recording system is just another advancement of seismic technology being deployed in Kurdistan to improve the imaging of complex geological structures. Our goal is to support the Ministry of Natural Resources in the development of its resources by striving to provide the best seismic acquisition services possible and to exceed our client’s expectations whenever and wherever we can”.
Terraseis is a seismic data acquisition contractor based in Dubai that specializes in the acquisition of high quality land and transition zone surveys in the most challenging environments of Africa and the Middle East.